Thursday, March 22, 2018

A Baby Quilt Finish


      Not much sewing has happened here during the past week.  I was asked to take care of a sick granddaughter since she could not go with the rest of the family. Before I left, I did finish this baby quilt for a nephew’s new baby girl. 


 I fussy cut the alphabet blocks from fabric I had.  Almost could not get all the letters because when I would cut one out, the closer letters could not be used. I had to find another place on the fabric with those letters. I actually copied 2 letters onto fabric sheets with my printer.  I used needled polyester batting and minimal quilting with soft and comfy fabric on the back.  I am happy with the end result.
 
   With scraps of soft and comfy fabric I made a few taggies also for baby gifts. (Soft and comfy on one side and quilting cotton on the other.) 

 
I like the contrasting elephant ear better.


   I have several quilts sandwiched and waiting quilting.  I have struggled with how to quilt them.  I finally started quilting the Broken Herringbone quilt with a couple rows of wavy, wavy design from Angela Walters.  It creates a nice texture, but I will use several different designs on other parts of the quilt. 

Hope you enjoy time sewing or quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment