Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Back to Quilting and a Finish


       After fighting a winter cold that turned into a sinus infection, I finally got back in my sewing room to work on projects (pausing for coughing spells).  
      I have been doing free-motion quilting for several years, but I’m always looking to improve my skill and learn new motifs.  That is why I am participating in Angela Walters’ Free-Motion Quilting Challenge.  This is week 3.  There's still plenty of time for you to join in.  I practiced week 2’s designs in a couple of squares on my "All Squared Up" lap quilt top.
basic meander

basic meander framed


I marked my frame instead of using a quilting ruler which I do not have.  I have not gotten to week 3 yet.
 
       Then I quilted this child’s comfort quilt.  I meandered the light background areas practicing filling in various shaped areas and moving around the quilt.  

The colored squares and star are quilted using a different continuous line motif.  Here are a couple of close ups of the quilting on the back.



I used most of the left over cat fabric to make a pillowcase.  The rest I will cut up into strips.

Hope you will join the fun and enjoy time sewing or quilting.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. Angela is great teacher and I learned a lot in an earlier quilt a long with her.

    ReplyDelete