Saturday, November 25, 2017

Project Progress

    I hope many enjoyed time with family and friends for Thanksgiving.  I did.   
      As I was preparing for the holiday break, I did make some time for sewing and quilting.  I finished piecing this giant Swoon top for a church comfort quilt.  I used lots of larger scraps plus one light background fabric.  It will wait a few weeks to get sandwiched for quilting when my group meets before Christmas.


    Then I worked on one of my UFOs.  I sandwiched the red, white and blue improv star inspired by a show of “Sewing with Nancy”.  I will truly miss having new shows with Nancy to teach and inspire me as she has for so many years. 

     All the stitching-in-the-ditch of borders and around the large center star is done so it is stabilized.  Now I need to think and plan the rest of the quilting.  That might wait a bit as I have an idea for a couple of Christmas gifts that I want to make. 

Hope you enjoy some family time this season.  However, maybe we can also enjoy a little sewing and quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment