Friday, November 17, 2017

A Completed Quilt and a Quilt Top

     I spent most of the day focused on comfort quilts.  I finished quilting and binding the double wedding ring quilt.


I am pleased with the free-motion quilting using motifs I had not used before.  I quilted S curves in the small melon areas.
 
I tried out Angela Walters’ bracket motif on the outer edges before the border and stitched parallel lines to the edge of the double wedding rings. They create a great texture.   I was not sure how to turn the corner so I stopped the parallel lines on the diagonal.


Then I finished piecing the 4 Patch Change-Up quilt top.


 Holiday projects probably need to be the focus for the next few weeks.

Hope you have a break to enjoy Thanksgiving with family and friends.   



No comments:

Post a Comment