Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Progress Finishing Projects

     After watching Nancy Zieman on her show “Sewing with Nancy” in 2014, I was interested in her creative design options for the quick lone star and I was inspired to make my own. You can watch the show online here that inspired me.  
I used 8 bandanas to create the stars.  My top is finally pieced and measures 62” by 76” so a generous adult lap quilt.  I have not decided whether to gift it or not.


   Here is the final photo of the dinosaur quilt with its binding that I wrote about recently. The black binding was the perfect choice.


I finished quilting and binding a set of 4 fall colored placemats that will be gifted. 


     I cleared off my craft table and sandwiched two quilt tops which are ready to be quilted. I took some time to bake for a Family Promise supper at church.  I used the Caramel Apple Coffee cake recipe found here and made muffins instead.  They are wonderful.  I baked them for 30 minutes and encourage you to give the recipe a try.

  
Enjoy some time sewing or quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment