Saturday, August 19, 2017

A Finish and Scrap Playtime

      I finished the koala quilt.   
I love it and I’m so glad Ruth let me test her pattern.  I added the scrappy quilt-like rows at the bottom and the borders finish to at 44 by 56”.  It will be a great gift for a child. Ruth will be offering the pattern in 2 sizes in her Etsy shop.

     I also pulled out neutral scraps to play.  I made a couple of blocks. 
I’m not sure what they should be called.  I added one to the rainbow of made blocks. 
I want 3 more rainbow blocks for this to make a small lap quilt. It needs an orange, pink and one other color. You can see what others are doing for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge at the Scrap Happy Saturday post. .

   
     I still struggle to finish projects without starting something new.  I added the final borders to my second “CircleBack” top ( from Cozy Quilt Designs), bought a backing and it now waits in the que for quilting.  



Enjoy your weekend and some sewing or quilting time.  

13 comments:

  1. Cute koala. Any child would love it. Your scrap play looks fabulous! Keep sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your projects! I am especially intrigued by the Circle Back quilt--great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your rainbow blocks project! That will be a fun quilt! I am the same way about starting something new before finishing - at any one time I have 3 or 4 different things I'm working on! At least we are never bored

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are making great progress with your projects. I certainly can't work on only one project at a time. Too boring, lol! I love your Koala quilt. It's adorable. Your rainbow blocks look great together, and your circle back top is beautiful. I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Koala is adorable! Love the rows of squares down below. Such scrappy fun. The neutral block is a great addition to your collection. Getting close now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done not starting new things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet baby quilt!!! Love all your RSC blocks. Like you, I have to be careful not to have an accumulation of starts! (Like I have now.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely rainbow blocks. They are growing into a delightful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is a very proper Mr. Koala with his bow tie. The blocks below are a great addition. Your circlres quilt looks lovely. Keep going with different projects, iyou won't get in a rut. Have a fun week!.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Koala quilt. So happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your newly completed quilt (and the new quilt top, too!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the koala quilt and what a great top in the teals! The circles are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That circle quilt is totally awesome! I also love your rainbow blocks - they will make a great quilt. And who only works on one project at a time?!?

    ReplyDelete