Monday, July 31, 2017

ACPQG Show

ACPQG Show

    I spent a weekend in the mountains with a sister and helped work at her local quilt guild show in West Jefferson, NC.   I enjoyed the short visit and the show even though it involved work. The guild website has photos from the show and several past shows that you can enjoy. 

 The show was not judged this year and gave 3 viewer’s choice ribbons from the first day of the show voting. I took a few photos because I like the pattern or technique but they were not ribbon winners.
Always love crumbs.


I thought this quilt pieced by Doris Phillips was made of an interesting retangular block.
 


This quilt appears to be a Laundry Basket applique design although the label did not say so.  Maybe someday I will make one.
  



    The local art doll club had a booth with the vendors and my sister sold a couple of her large art dolls as well as smaller ones.  Here are some photos.


 She is my sister but I think she is very talented. 
  


 



Hope you enjoy some sewing or quilting time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment