Thursday, June 8, 2017

UFO Progress and Scrap Play

    The dog UFO is finally getting done. My younger granddaughter will be 5 next month and I should have it finished for her birthday.  The center section is all sewn in the photo. 

Since then I have added a breaker border and flange. Here is a peek at the border fabrics.  I used the yellow for a ½” 3D flange.


    I needed some play time with this month’s scrap color of “yellow”. A really pretty yellow fabric is often hard to find.  Digging through my stash of precut units, I found I was very low on yellow. I only found 1 – 4 ½” square so that size wonky star blocks will have to wait.  I had to cut a few more 3 ½” squares and 2 ½ by 4 ½” bricks to even make these blocks. 


Hope you get to enjoy some sewing or quilting time.

Check out SoScrappy for inspiration with scraps,


4 comments:

  1. Nice YELLOW blocks for the RSC and you even incorporated it into your current quilt. Good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is doggone cute. Some colours are like that. I found teal and will find orange tough as I don't use those colours often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first,view of your dog quilt and it blew me away. What a lucky girl! I do like your two scrappy blocks. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how cute! What's not for a granddaughter to love!

    ReplyDelete