Thursday, December 8, 2016

Scrappy Project

      There are plenty of special events going on this time of year.  One I am following is From My Carolina Home blog is hosting a quilt along for her pattern “Scrap Dance Waltz”.  She shows it in several color combinations (including Christmas red and green) but I love the scrappy version best. 
  I decided to make it small for a charity/comfort quilt. The pattern is simple with HSTs and squares but looks sophisticated.
    I pulled green, blue, red, brown and neutral squares and strips from my stash.  I have a difficult time using as a wide variety of neutrals as Bonnie Hunter but I tried to be scrappy.  Next it was simple to draw a diagonal line on the back of the 4” neutral squares and match them with dark colored squares.  I made good progress sewing before granddaughter time. Red and brown HSTs are sewn and pressed. About half the green and blue are finished. 


Hope you are enjoying this holiday time of year and also enjoy some time sewing and quilting.


1 comment: