Friday, August 5, 2016

Work in Progress

   Soon after I retired from teaching public school, I got involved in my first quilt group at my local Hancock Fabric Store with the BOM.  After I finished my first BOM quilt in 2004, they had BOM kits on sale from 2003.  I bought one but it sat until recently.  I finally pulled it out and pieced the 12 blocks.


They sat a little longer until I saw a charity quilt on Jo’sCountry Junction blog. Instead of finishing it like the pattern suggests, it gave me the idea to set the blocks on-point.  I shopped in my stash and found the perfect green print and blue and yellow strip.  The 12 blocks are now together with sashing.  In the bottom corner you may see pieces I am thinking about using for borders. I have fabric for a solid blue border; however, I may look for something different.  So far I really like how it is progressing and it is very different than the original plan from Hancock.

Enjoy time sewing and quilting!




No comments:

Post a Comment