Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Summer Activities


      June has flown by and I have not posted very often. I had a great short visit with a sister.  We visited the Ashe County Arts Council “Forest Fantasy Show” where she has 2 art dolls. They have both sold so this was my only chance to see them finished. 
This is Alvina, a wood fairy.  Photos cannot show all the details on her.  She sits on fabric wrapped coiled mat representing a tree stump. 


This is Applewood Lady.  Her body is actually a piece of an apple tree from her yard.



They have both sold so this was my only chance to see them finished. My sister is so very talented.
    I began the week by sewing a dress for my youngest granddaughter’s birthday soon.  Today a guild friend and I spent most of the day paper-piecing guild nametags tops.  We made up 8 kits and 7 more tops ready for new members.

    Yesterday I sandwiched the Circle Back top and late this afternoon started quilting.


     July will be especially busy with 2 weeks of “Grandma Camp” and a family reunion. I hope to post occasionally on what I work on sewing, quilting or with granddaughters.


Enjoy some time sewing and quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment