Friday, May 13, 2016

Preparing Leader/Ender Sewing

     I have pieced 10 blocks I’m calling “4 and 4 patch” and ran out of the block kits I had put together.  Next week I am going with my sister on a quilting retreat in the mountains and want to have more kits ready for leader/ender sewing so I spent time today putting together 20 more block kits. 


If you are not familiar with Bonnie Hunter’s Leader/Ender technique, please check out her post.  Chain piecing is wonderful but sometimes you will not have anything from the current project to go under the needle.  That is when you grab a leader/ender kit that you have prepared.  I love how it keeps you from having loose threads and you can get so much more accomplished in the same amount of time.   
    While on the retreat my sister and I plan to try out Score One (Floating Squares) from Sherri Lynn Wood’s book, The Improv Handbook for Modern Quilters. You can find more info about it on Sherri’s webpage.  I started to pull from my stash the 3 fabrics I will need.

   Yesterday I sewed a dress for my older granddaughter.  She requested a fabric flower on it so that was today’s project. 


The flower is made from many layers of folded circles stitched together.

Enjoy at least a few minutes of sewing or quilting.



No comments:

Post a Comment