Thursday, May 5, 2016

Making Best Use of Time Sewing

        I am at my home away from home for a few days visiting family. I still like to have sewing projects to work on.   I finished this top for a kid’s comfort quilt.
 I pieced the blocks as a leader/ender project. I saw the design on http://thewayisewit.blogspot.com/ where she made her version of "Joy in the Morning" quilt pattern by Gayle Bong. I used my stash of 3 ½” scrap squares. I did not plan the pressing of seams and wish I had.

       Another leader/ender project is these squares.
I do not have a name for the blocks but I’ll call them “4 and 4 patches”. ! I like how the block goes together with typical 4 patch pressing for matching seams.

I also have crumbs to sew with and will play to create some more bright made-fabric squares for another project.
 Enjoy a few minutes of sewing or quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment