Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Improv at Quilt Retreat and More

     The past week was busy and fun.  I joined sister Irene in the NC mountains for a quilt retreat. 


We did not see much of the mountains because of dense fog for a couple of days but we enjoyed sewing.

We had agreed to work on Score 1 ( “floating squares”) from the Improv Handbook for Modern Quilters by Sherri L. Wood. You can find out more on her website here.

This is my piece thus far. I plan to add more and also try other scores from the book.


Here is my sister’s. Sorry the photo is a little blurry. Irene did all free-cutting with scissors (no ruler or rotary cutter).



The morning after arriving home, I headed to GA and Lily’s ballet demonstration.  Here the girls are showing off some ballet moves in new dresses I made them.

I am looking forward to spending more time with them this summer.  

Have fun sewing and quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment