Saturday, April 2, 2016

Two UFO Quilt Finishes

     I have been concentrating on UFOs so I won’t feel guilty about starting a new project.  I have been one in my guild who takes UFOs that no one else will.  Probably 20 years ago someone started a   
lap quilt Georgia Bonesteel style by hand quilting individual blocks.  Four blocks were hand quilted with the old timey polyester batting of twelve pieced blocks and then the project was donated to guild.  I brought home the pieces and some fabric scraps. Instead of piecing any more blocks, I created 4  plain blocks, machine quilted a motif using a template and added meandering in the center.  Not very dense quilting so they would better match the rest.


I quilted the other pieced blocks in the ditch similar to those hand quilted and joined them together Georgia Bonesteel style except by machine.  Here I am adding the 2 side columns. 


Here is the finished quilt.



    I LOVE made-fabric and have been inspired by the work of Victoria Findlay Wolfe.  The following project was inspired by a quilt in her first book, 15 Minutes of Play – Improvisational Quilts.  You can see the post for Nov. 2014 where I worked on the border here.  
Here is a close-up of some of the quilting.


    After finishing those 2, I pulled out another UFO of mine and a comfort quilt top and spent a rainy Friday afternoon sandwiching them. I am ready for another week of quilting. 



Have fun sewing and quilting!

2 comments:

  1. Nice quilting. Your feathers look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful finishes.....beautiful stitching. You are just rolling them out.

    ReplyDelete