Saturday, February 6, 2016

Finishes

     I finished the last FMQ on the bug jar baby quilt and hand sewed the back of the binding Saturday morning while watching “Sewing with Nancy” on TV.


I quilted the Echo Shortcut motif ( learned from Leah Day) in the red made-fabric border, then a simple meander in the green outer border.  


     In the afternoon I quilted a large meander on this adult comfort quilt for guild.  The guild cuts and packages kits which members sew together.  Most adult kits are 5" squares and finish at 60 by 72". I sandwiched and quilted the top another member sewed together.  There are other members who will add the binding. 


   I have a small version of Bonnie Hunter’s “Grand Illusion” Mystery from 2014 sandwiched and ready to be quilted next but it will probably wait a week.  Starting next Thursday I will be substituting for the nanny and taking care of granddaughters for a week. Hopefully Mattie and I will have time for another sewing lesson.

Enjoy a relaxing few minutes to sew, quilt and create.



No comments:

Post a Comment