Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Time for Piecing


   I enjoyed a visit with granddaughters over Halloween but also found some time for piecing. 
The Scrappy Duo (pattern by Fons & Porter) top1 is pieced.  Check this post for more info on the pattern.  I don't plan to add a border.  It is already about 54" by 72".


The second party DUO HST top is together.  This one I want to add a border to it to make it larger.  It is currently 38” by 59” with 126 units.  Any border suggestions? 

I also enjoyed time free-piecing mostly green scraps into green “made-fabric”. I have a plan for it.  

 I tried working with scissors and some ruler-free rotary cutting to trim.  This was practice as I look forward to trying some of Sherri Lynn’s improvisational scores from her book The Improv Handbook for Modern Quilters.

Hope you find time to sew and quilt. 

2 comments:

  1. Love them both. The Duo HST is wonderful.....borders-----maybe a narrow white strip, then a wider band of all the colorful scraps strung together. that is if you have any :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally there would not be any scraps of those fabrics because you start with a pack of 10" squares (Layer Cake). Since I cut my own, I MIGHT be able to find a few scraps or at least similar.

      Delete