Friday, September 25, 2015

Week of Sewing

    Wednesday at SQG sew day I started sewing Scrappy Duo blocks.  It is a quilt pattern from Fons & Porter’s Quilting Quickly Summer ’14. 

You can also watch video lesson on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMl157vw5IM.  
Instead of purchasing a Layer Cake of fabric, I used the stash of scraps and fat quarters to cut the 10” squares.  One thing I especially like about the pattern is when you sew the blocks, you create 2 blocks alike; plus at the same time you make 2 HST blocks from each square of fabric which will make another small quilt. 

     In my pile of UFOs and orphan blocks, I pulled 9 bug jar blocks that were left over from a quilt I made in 2003. I made 2 more jars and paper-pieced the frog, dragonfly and snail.  I did not have enough of the dark brown background to make any more blocks.  After adding shelf sashing and a frame, this is how it looks. The pattern is named "Escaping Bugs" by Bottle Quilt Co..
 It is small so I am thinking of adding a made-fabric wide inner border and then a regular outer border. 

made-fabric


Have fun sewing and quilting!


No comments:

Post a Comment