Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The Week So Far

    Monday I spent several hours sandwiching this queen size quilt top.  I adopted blocks and fabric as a UFO without a pattern.   Sister Irene and I finished the top and now I am ready to start quilting. 




     Tuesday morning was the Day Bee meeting hosted by Lynne and Clara.  The snacks were delicious and the fellowship was special.  Sorry I took no photos to share.
When I came home, I started working on Barbie ( 11 ½” fashion doll ) clothes for the older granddaughter’s dolls.  I even worked on some during Bonnie’s Quilt Cam. 
 I made halter top, shorts,
 skirt, 


swimsuit,

and raincape. 



















Years ago I made many, many Barbie doll clothes. Today there are easier techniques and I know better fabric choices.  I was also selective in choosing more simple patterns.

      Wednesday morning was church sew group.  I chose fabrics and started a Slice and Shuffle quilt from Karla Alexander’s book Stack the Deck.  I will share photos when I have more done. I think it is going to be fun.
The ladies also gave me some suggestions for my improv red, white and blue Lemoyne star.


Now to start some quilting before supper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment