Saturday, August 29, 2015

Playing with Scraps ( aka Crumbs)

My Stack the Deck quilt top is together and waiting to be sandwiched for quilting. 

I had a pile of scraps left from the trimming of the blocks.  You know I can’t throw those away and most are also too large to be put in pet beds.

I started sewing pieces together, then found some block units that have very similar fabrics and decided to use them. 

I loved playing and have made 20 blocks that will finish at 6”.   The Stack the Deck blocks were easier and quicker so make a good beginner project. However, I like the crumb blocks better than the Stack the Deck blocks.  

There are so many ways to use them.  I can sew them together to make 12” finished blocks or use as “made-fabric” ( I love  and am inspired by Victoria Findlay Wolfe's work.)
They would make an interesting border.

I still have more scrap pieces so I may continue to play for a few more blocks.

   I better take a few minutes to clean house and then I'll be back to piecing.



No comments:

Post a Comment