I took a break from yard work to get back to quilting on the dogwood blossom quilt. This is the design I came up with for the blossoms.
The blossoms are now quilted but today was filled with thread break frustration. When I free-motion quilted the light color blossoms yesterday, I had no problem.
Today I started working on the darker blossoms with a darker pink thread. I did not have a large spool of that color so I was using a medium size spool. For some blossoms the thread broke 2 times before I finished that blossom. I wondered whether the multiple layers of fabric for this technique was causing the problem.
I changed the needle; I changed the feed of the thread. Nothing helped. I plan to use the lighter pink thread for background quilting and I sure hope it works well like it did the other day. I have a lot of background quilting yet to do.
If you don't remember what the quilt looks like, here it is the before quilting.