Saturday, May 30, 2015

Two More Finishes

    This has been a very productive quilting weekend so far.  Today I put the finishing touches on 2 prayer/comfort quilts that are for my church quilt group.  The carpenter star is finished.  
I enjoyed quilting feathers in the diamond areas and the triangles top and bottom.  I changed to light gray thread for the purple diamonds so that the quilting shows up more.  At least I could see where I had quilted.

I simply meandered the border instead of doing more fancy quilting.


     My second finish was the squares and strips quilt made from my stash of scrap squares and strips. I did cut the white 2 ½” strips especially for this quilt.  This was a great quilt to also use scraps of leftover binding.  I simply quilted it with a large meander. 


    In the next few days, I hope to get back to finishing another UFO.


No comments:

Post a Comment