Thursday, April 2, 2015

Relaxing with Easy Piecing

    I have been trying not to start any new projects but after I worked 3 days quilting on the nurses' wall-hangings. I wanted to sew something different to relax.  I have another big piecing project in the works but it is more complicated.  I wanted something simple.  I started the following quilt top, I'm calling "squares and strips".  I have seen a similar project but don't remember a name.  Mine started with my stash of 2 1/2" squares.  I did have to cut new off-white 2 1/2" strips.  The rest is 4 1/2" squares and strips from leftovers. The top measures about 57" by 65".

I have been cutting up odd pieces ( less than a fat quarter mostly) from my church quilt group.  I came about irregular pieces of a pink background fabric with flowers.  I know it has been used in at least one quilt and the pieces may be what was left when the backing was pieced.  I have been thinking of making a carpenter star quilt and found there was enough for the background.  This quilt top went together easily from HSTs and measures about 49" by 59".

    I enjoyed 2 relaxing days piecing, have 2 more small tops to be quilted and still have to finish quilting one wall-hanging for the nurses. 
Hope you enjoy a Good Friday and Happy Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment