Sunday, April 19, 2015

Graduation Gift Finished

      For a number of years my sister Irene and I have shared the task of making each niece or nephew a bed size quilt when they graduate from college.  We each make half the blocks, Irene finishes piecing the top and I finish by machine quilting.  The most recent gift project is finished.  The pattern is "Millennium Star" from Nickel Quilts: Great Designs from 5-Inch Scraps by Pat Speth and Charlene Thode.


I enjoyed quilting the continuous motif on the stars. I think the imperfections just add to the creativity of the design.



Later today I plan to make from some of the leftover fabric a pillowcase for wrapping the quilt.


Then it is back to work on a UFO.  This rainy afternoon will be a great day to sew. 


No comments:

Post a Comment