Thursday, April 30, 2015

Almost Another Finish

    Saw this comic on Facebook recently.  Yesterday morning was perfect.

     I took advantage of the rainy morning yesterday and sewed.  I have made good progress on the dogwood blooms.  In the directions Annette recommends stitching the curves after sewing the blocks all together.  I do not want to manipulate a large quilt top to stitch the curves so I have been stitching the bloom curves for each block. They now look more like blooms. 


     When I needed a break from dogwood blooms, I decided to stitch a small sample quilt for a JoAnn Fabrics beginner class.  This version of the “Hole in the Barn Door” block is taught in Quilting 101.  I made scrappy blocks and quilted simply with the walking foot – mostly in the ditch.  I just need to add binding and the sample will be ready to display for Open House on Saturday. 

Hope you have enjoyed some rainy weather. 



1 comment:

  1. Your dogwood blocks are beautiful! I love the tiny hint of accent color at the tips from turning back the curve. So much tight work in one blocks......good idea to do them as you go.

    ReplyDelete