Sunday, March 15, 2015

Week's Accomplishements

    The past week had a lot going on but I did find time to sew some every day.  I made a new small coiled fabric bowl which has been donated to Midlands Tech as a door prize.

      Last Thursday night’s beginner 2 block class went well but I was so busy helping students sandwich their quilts, I forgot to take pictures.  I have quilted one of my 2 block samples but plan to use it to demonstrate squaring up and sewing on the binding so it is unfinished for now.

       Saturday morning I taught one beginner the introductory block at JoAnn Fabrics.  Marilyn did an excellent job on her block. 


     I just finished a sample string quilt for a Creative Sewing Center class.  It was suggested I make a sample for those who do not know what string quilts are.  The class will make this exact quilt but explore making various string blocks. This is just one type.  It is a wonderful way to use scraps.

I put this together very quickly and wish I had put the purple border on the bottom instead of the green, but is finished.  


1 comment:

  1. I love the bright colors in the string quilt and also the multi-colored border! I've made several string quilts, but never one with this log cabin type block. Might have to try it!

    ReplyDelete