Monday, March 9, 2015

Getting Back to Quilting

     After 4 days of visiting with family out of town and 4 days of illness after coming home, I am finally getting back to quilting.  I have spent the day quilting on the nurses’ wall-hanging and am glad it is finished.  The embellishments they added really restricted the quilting that could be done.  First I stitched-in-the-ditch for the sashing and border.  I meandered in blocks that I could.  I had to do each block differently and some would not allow much quilting.
     
quilting in progress

                finished


     When visiting with granddaughters, they tried on their new dresses which were a hit.  They were a little large but comfortable.  Better too large than too small.  They enjoyed showing them off dancing.



I also put the finishing touches on the Statue of Liberty costume. 

   This will be a busy week with Day Bee for GCQ guild Tuesday, SQG Wednesday, Free-motion quilting class and Beginner Quilt class Thursday.  I was very sorry to miss last Thursday night’s class but they did not want me to give them what I had.  It is good to feel better and be back to quilting. 



No comments:

Post a Comment