Monday, March 30, 2015

Day of Quilting for Nurses

     I have finished one large wall-hanging of blocks made by Palmetto Health nurses during Nurses Week 2014.  Today I finished the quilting on the second wall-hanging.  I still need to trim, add binding and a hanging sleeve. 


I used the walking foot to stitch-in-the-ditch for the sashing and border then FMQ each block. 


I basted the third wall-hanging so tomorrow I can start quilting on it. 



     These are not typical quilt blocks.  Many of the nurses did not use typical quilting materials to create their blocks.  One was made from a diaper.  A few nurses used scrapbooking items.  Some used very creative embellishments that caused some problems for quilting but so far I've managed to quilt around them. 

     I also recently helped my older granddaughter finish her second pillowcase.  She gave this one to her little sister who was very pleased. 
Next she asked to make a small quilt for herself.   She loves her grandmas quilts.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment