Saturday, February 28, 2015

Progress on Wallhanging from Nurses' Blocks

       A few weeks ago I was asked to help finish a wall-hanging for Palmetto Health Hospitals.  Last year for Nurses Week about 70 nurses contributed blocks to be put into wall-hanging.  They are not typical quilt blocks because of the types of materials they used and the variety of unique embellishments added.
      I have added blue sashing and a small border.
Today I sandwiched it and am ready to add some quilting.  I was concerned about being able to add enough quilting with all the embellishments on some blocks but an art quilting friend and my art quilting sister suggested using a fusible batting which I have done.
      I am looking for 2 volunteers to sew together 2 more wall-hanging tops from the rest of the blocks.  They will also need some type of quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment