Monday, February 2, 2015

Day of Quilting

After enjoying the weekend celebrations of granddaughter’s 7th birthday, I am back home and spending the day quilting. 

I pieced this top of blocks from the beginning class blocks at JoAnn Fabrics.  I donated the top to SQG and Martha quilted it.  Today I added the binding to finish it.  It was too difficult to find a dark blue so I used a dark red.


I also finished the quilting and binding on this scrappy comfort quilt for GCQ and the Children’s Hospital.  I enjoy just using scrap pieces to put together whatever will make a 12” finished block. 


I have quilted the center area of my version of “Carolina Chain”.  Work on it is paused while I consider how to quilt the setting triangles and border. This quilt is also a comfort quilt for GCQ and the Children’s Hospital so it mostly needs quilting to withstand washing and use, not fancy quilting.

I love making these blocks as leader/enders so I will have another sometime.  Now its time for a break.




No comments:

Post a Comment