Sunday, January 25, 2015

Quilt Student and Time for My Quilting

   Saturday afternoon I had one beginner quilt student for a class at JoAnn Fabrics.  Sharon did an excellent job on her first block.

She planned to go home and make another block.  I look forward to seeing more of her blocks.

This weekend I found time to quilt more on the Seminole quilt.  I first echoed the applique and then meandered around that.  Next I planned a feather for the border triangles.  I practiced on plastic first to feel the flow for what I wanted to stitch.  
Next I used a flexible ruler to mark a curve for spine. 
Then I free-motion quilted the feathers. 
I am more pleased with the feathers than the quilting around the applique.

I used soap to subdivide the border into equal parts and quilted a swirl in each section.

The quilting is now finished. 

I looked for binding but did not find anything in my stash that I liked so I will have to buy something.

No comments:

Post a Comment