Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Closing Out 2014 - Planning for 2015

As a wrap up for 2014, I have been taking note of the quilting projects completed for the year and what I hope to accomplish in 2015.  With the UFO challenge from my guild in 2014, I was happy to be able to finish 10 from my list.  Click this link to see photos.  In 2015 I would love to the last 7 from the 2014 list and those newly started and not yet finished. 
Also for 2014, other quilts were begun and finished.
-      6 for GCQ comfort quilts 
-      6 for SQG comfort quilts
-      1 gift from SQG
-      “Celtic Solstice” as gift to family member
-      “West Columbia Homestead” (JoAnn class sample) as gift
-      “Hole-in-Barn-Door” (JoAnn class sample) for SQG comfort quilt
-      “Pennant Love” JoAnn class sample

Last year I saw a blogger’s thread use count.  I decided to save the spool as I emptied one so that I could keep track of how much thread I used.  I counted this year’s collection and found that I emptied 32 spools of 225 yds. each, 2 spools of 350 yds., and  9 spools of 1200 yds. for a total of 18,700 yards of thread. I think it will be interesting to compare year to year. 

I don’t usually make New Year's resolutions but here are some quilting resolutions that I am thinking about.
1.     Donate those UFO's and fabric that I probably will never complete or use.
2.    Bring fruit or veggies to the next quilt retreat.
3.    Drink tons of water while I sew.
4.    Get up and walk around to break up your sewing time.
5.    Work on something that makes me happy.
6.    Compliment other quilters.
7.    Sew and quilt how I want, not how someone else does it.
8.    Play happy music or have a movie on as I quilt.
9.    Update my quilting scrapbook and keep it more up-to-date.

To close out the year I’m piecing scrappy blocks ( except same background fabric) for a graduation quilt gift.  The pattern is “Millennium Star” from Nickel Quilts by Pat Speth and Charlene Thode.  I like the blocks with more contrast better so some may not be used in this quilt.


I’m behind on the steps for the “Grand Illusion Mystery” and need to catch up.  Bonnie may be posting the finale this Friday.  


Hope you accomplish your goals in 2015. 
Happy New Year !

No comments:

Post a Comment