Monday, December 1, 2014

Beginning on “Grand Illusion”

     One of my quilting weaknesses is choosing color so I am using Bonnie’s suggested pallet for the "Grand Illusion" mystery.  I shopped my stash as much as I could.  I did not have anything in teal so I had to really shop.  I had trouble there also but I found one that I like.  It is more aqua.
     I am starting slow and think these first units will be great leader/ender units as I work on other projects. 

    I’m linking up with Bonnie Hunter’s Grand Illusion link-up party.  Check out what others are doing. 


                                             Baking gingerbread
 
     For years I have had sets of cutters for 2 sizes of gingerbread houses.   Saturday I was able to cut pieces for both sizes from one patch of dough.  I hope my granddaughters will work on one and the other will be good to decorate at the guild holiday party. 















Pincushion

     At the GCQ holiday party Tuesday, Dec. 9 we can bring a handmade pincushion to exchange.  Sat. I made this Cathedral Window type pincushion.  For our Nov. program Sharon Golden shared her collection of pincushions and Sandra shared several links for patterns.  I used directions at http://diaryofaquiltmaven.blogspot.com/2013/01/faux-cathedral-windows-pincushion.html

Sandra sold small bags of crushed walnut shells for stuffing.  I added a few scrap pieces of cotton batting to help fill.





4 comments:

  1. Your mystery fabrics are very pretty! Can't wait to see how it all comes together! Love your little pincushion...I made a couple of those a few years back. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bright colors, I look forward to watching your progress. Beautiful array of pin cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for GI, love the pincushions too!

    ReplyDelete