Wednesday, November 19, 2014

“Pennant Love” Quilt

     Today was very cold so it was the perfect day to stay inside and sew and quilt all day.  I just need to add the binding and my lap size class sample of “Pennant Love” will be complete.

This will be a 4 day class in February for JoAnn Fabrics.  I wanted to quilt with the walking foot since the class is mostly for beginners.   Marking the design for quilting was helpful. It did not take long. 


    I also finished piecing a child’s comfort quilt top. 
A while back Bonnie Hunter was making similar ones on Quilt Cam (July 30,2014) - the link also has  the video.  She called hers “Carolina Chain”.  I pieced light and dark 6” finished blocks using 2 ½” squares and 2 ½ by 4 ½” rectangles.
  I really like the on-point setting and these are great easy blocks for using scraps. I have a collection of pieces cut up into 2 ½” squares and 2 ½ by 4 ½” rectangles so this block was perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth, this is excellent! Just what I was looking for! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete