Monday, October 13, 2014

Playing with a Variety of Blocks

     Several members of SQG have been working on Seminole strips at our bimonthly meetings.  Here is a sample layout with some Indian applique blocks. 

Beverley has made 6 more and I have made 2 more
 so at our next meeting we will be ready to work on the applique blocks, cut setting triangles and start sewing the top together. 

A few days ago I pulled orange scraps that already had fusible web on them and created 2 jack-o-lanterns.  Today I quilted them for Halloween mugrugs. 


About a week ago Bonnie Hunter shared a link for a free paper-pieced jack-o-lantern.  I pieced one and added a border.  Today I quilted it for a Halloween flag (small wall-hanging). 


Missouri Star Quilts has shared a video online for making a “Disappearing Pinwheel Block”.  I bought 2 orphan pinwheel blocks in the boutique at the ACPQG show so I could play.  Here are the blocks before. 

You cut the block into 9 equal sections. 


Then rotate most of the pieces and you can make option 1 


. . . Or option 2 



. . . Or option 3. 
These are my 2 blocks now.

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment