Thursday, October 2, 2014

Machine Embroidery and Costume

     It has been almost a week since my last post.  I have been busy but not ready to post about what I was working on.
     While I had the embroidery module out, I decided to do more.   I don't do enough to be a pro.  I embroidered 6 towels that will be gifts.  Two of the designs are machine cross-stitch.  They each have about 20 thread color changes so count the time for stitching and changing thread, a towel took at least 1 hour.  The end product looks good so I guess it was worth the time. 
 The others are regular machine embroidery but also had many thread color changes.

    Today I have been working on the second granddaughter's Halloween costume.  She wants to be a mermaid.  I used a McCalls pattern and I had to make a major adjustment for the skirt length so she won't be walking on it.  All that is left to do is sew in the zipper.
It also has a cute crown. I found some sew-on jewels at JoAnn Fabrics.  They are great accents.


No comments:

Post a Comment