Monday, October 20, 2014

A Little Progress on a UFO

      Since my last post, I have taught a beginning quilting class at Creative Sewing (no photos) and finished a cute little bat for Halloween. 
Instead of sewing or quilting, most of my time has been spent on errands or with family and company.
     Today I finally pulled out the giant made-fabric hexagon UFO  

and sewed 30 flying geese from made-fabric base units.  These are planned for a border.
   Not sure about the corners.
  I need 64 geese units.  The pieces are ready to be sewn. 
I am marking the diagonal line on the back of the squares and an offset diagonal line which creates 128 bonus HSTs.  No idea yet on how I want to use the bonus HSTs but I'm sure I will.
    Tuesday morning is GCQ guild meeting and Wednesday SQG meets so my home projects will wait for afternoons or Thursday. 

Hope you enjoy a few minutes sewing or quilting daily !

          Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment