Monday, September 22, 2014

Winning Show Ribbons

    I enjoyed a great weekend in Ashe county NC with my sister for the Ashe County Piecemakers QuiltGuild annual show.  
There were about 180 quilts and I entered 2.  In the small bed applique/mixed technique category I entered my “Chopped Flowers” which is raw edge applique.  It won “Best Domestic Machine Quilting” for the show and Honorable Mention in the category. 


You can see more about the background quilting motif I used here.


   In the pieced wall-hangings category I entered my “Trapunto and 16 Patch”.  It won Second Place and Viewers’ Choice for the category. This was my first show quilt with trapunto and micro-stippling. 
This was quilted earlier than the "Chopped Flowers" and I did have some thread build up on the back at FM quilting intersections and starts and stops which I am trying to be more careful about.

    Following are photos of a couple of other winners.
Charlene W and Laurel Springs Quilting won "Best of Show" for bed quilts.
The quilting added interest and a twist to the log cabin design.

Barbara B. won "Best of Show" for art quilts and was machine applique and domestic machine quilted. 



No comments:

Post a Comment