Thursday, August 28, 2014

Progress on Several Projects

   Second comfy pet bed is finished and the third is begun.  Tuesday a guild member contributed 3 grocery bags of her fabric and batting scraps.  I also brought home a small bag of trimming from GCQ comfort quilt sew day so the pet bed was filled quickly.  I think this is a great idea for using the thread and fabric trimmings instead of just putting them in the trash. 


    Wednesday’s SQG ladies finished paper-piecing blocks and today I sewed them all together with sashing, cornerstones and a border.  This wall-hanging is being made as a gift for a pastor who is leaving.  It is ready to be sandwiched and quilted with custom quilting designs. 


    For the remainder of the afternoon I sandwiched the tumbling block lap quilt and have started quilting the diamonds in the ditch.  Then I will do some FMQ motifs to fill them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment