Saturday, June 28, 2014

Quilt Class at JoAnn Fabrics and More

       This afternoon I taught the 3rd class in the series for the Homestead quilt at JoAnn Fabrics.  Although the ladies are beginner quilters and this is not the easiest pattern, the ladies are making good progress.  Betty started sewing her rows together in the on-point setting. 
 


Denise is holding just one of her blocks. 


   Baby birds ( probably House Finches) have hatched in my airplane plant.  The parents do not like me getting close but I was able to get one photo. 


    I missed several days of sewing to make a trip to my eldest sister’s house. 
All the sisters were able to come so we enjoyed a couple of days working together painting and moving furniture.  Niece Katherine also helped some. 

This is youngest sister, Miriam, painting.

We were well trained by our father and shared memories of working with him as children.  The 2 days were special although I have some sore muscles to prove I was working.
Now back to more quilting.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment