Sunday, April 20, 2014

Two Finishes

    Even though Easter day was cloudy and cool, I enjoyed the day.  After church I sewed the binding on my second jelly roll quilt.  This one is for SQG.   The center jelly roll panel was quilted with the Echo Shortcut design from Leah Day.  I have used it on a couple of quilts before.  The outer border was meandered.



 Friday I finished the jelly roll quilt for GCQ.   As I showed in the last post the center jelly roll panel was quilted with the scroll flower design.   The outer border was meandered. 

       Now I am ready to move on to another project.  I have several UFOs waiting but I enjoy improvisational piecing and may spend a day or two piecing together small scraps or crumbs.   I am scheduled to teach a crumb piecing class for Midlands Tech in August.   I am inspired by  Victoria Findlay Wolfe's work and may just need to spend "15 minutes of play" with my scraps. Click the links to see some of her work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment