Sunday, April 13, 2014

Ready For Binding

      I finished quilting all the blue and white sample blocks, the border and tonight started hand sewing the binding down.  Here are photos of the FMQ on the last of the blocks.  The first 2 are fairly simple continuous designs.  It was difficult to come up with something different for these blocks.
 .
 The next is a different type of plume.  They look more like long fingers. 
 The next two have the more typical feathers.

 This last one is my first try at ferns which are stitched much like feathers except gentle S curves for the petals. 

Before I sat down to hand sew binding while watching TV, I sandwiched one of the jelly roll quilt tops so it is ready for quilting.  I would like to try a new overall design to quilt  it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment