Monday, March 10, 2014

Time for Some Quilting and Teaching New Quilters

      My day started with some free-motion quilting on a comfort quilt for GCQ.  I am using the quilt to try out new free-motion designs and practice.  The quilt top is made up of  multiples of 4 different pieced blocks so I quilted different designs for each.  I did a loopy border for a couple.  I found it difficult to keep them about the same length and thickness. 


I did a feather ring in a couple.


For this block I tried some half feathers and stitched-in-the-ditch free-motion.
On the border I quilted S curves. 

I think they look good without all being exactly the same.
The easiest and not-new design was leaves.



    This evening I taught Quilting 101 at JoAnn Fabrics to 3 new quilters.  Here are their first blocks and hopefully more will follow. 

                             Susan


                               Sara


                            Betty



Great job, ladies !

No comments:

Post a Comment