Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Not Enough Time

     Last night I taught a couple of sweet ladies at JoAnn Fabrics.  We worked on an English Paper Pieced flower that was machine appliquéd to the background for a placemat.  They had enough time to hand stitch the hexie flower, appliqué it down and pin their quilt sandwich.  Then we were out of time so Friday evening we will quilt and add binding.  The project teaches many skills.  There just was not enough time for all that was to be done.
Here is Betty. 



Here is Sara. 


 When they finish, they will have a lovely placemat similar to mine. 


    The rest of the day I worked on an Easter dress for my granddaughter and started quilting on a twin size quilt made of orphan and scrap blocks.  You may remember this blue and white quilt top. 


I will use this quilt for more free-motion quilting practice.  I am planning a different design to be quilted in each block.  For some blocks it is easier to decide how to quilt.  I struggle with others.  I use a dry erase marker and a piece of plexiglass to try out designs and practice before I actually stitch the quilt.

Here are a couple. 



No comments:

Post a Comment