Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Little Sewing

     Monday was Snow Make Up Sew Day for my church sew group.   We met in our new room.  It was warm, sunny and very nice.   I helped Gail add borders to her Lone Star and several of us spent the most of the morning cutting small pieces into usable size pieces like 2 ½” strips.  Next month we plan to make Jelly Roll race quilt tops without racing. 

      Today was guild general meeting day.  We enjoyed a presentation from Suzi Parron on Barn Quilts.  We had a good number share something for show and tell.  You can check out the photos here

    This afternoon I finished sewing scrap blocks together for a child’s comfort quilt and added a simple border.  Here is the top. 
 



Next Tuesday I will take it to guild comfort quilt sew day and get backing and batting for it.  

I have started on a t-shirt quilt for my daughter-in-law.  Her mother saved her t-shirts for it.  After I get the top together, I will share a photo.  
      Tomorrow is another sew day here.  A guild friend is coming over to help piece guild name tag tops. 
         Keep Sewing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment