Friday, January 17, 2014

More Celtic Solstice Piecing

     Bonnie offered 2 sizes for the Celtic Solstice Mystery quilt.  I worked on the smaller size that would finish at 75” square.  I read about a couple of quilters who made theirs queen size.   If I added one row of blocks (8 rows of 7 each), my Celtic Solstice would finish at 75” by 84”.   I needed 7 additional blocks so the past few days, I have worked on components such as the orange and yellow HSTs.  This time I used a different HSTpaper but it was just as accurate and easy.  I printed free pages from http://www.quiltingandwhatnot.ca/Half-Square-Triangle.html . 


All my subunits are pieced; I just need to get busy sewing.  I can’t believe how quickly a few ladies finished their quilts.  I am taking a good bit of time to pin most of the intersections to match.  All 28 of my “54-40 or Fight” blocks are finished.   I’m working on my 28 “Birthday Girl” blocks but  12 of the 28 will have the chevrons rotated.  I like how the occasional star adds a little more interest.


Hopefully, soon I will be ready to add the borders. 

I did take a break to make a 9” by 12” quilted pouch that is for a JoAnn Fabrics class.
 


Break is over.  Back to sewing.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pooch pouch. I used those same fabrics to make a poofy dog bed recently.

    ReplyDelete