Monday, December 30, 2013

Sewing on Celtic Solstice

   This is the week for Celtic Solstice Mystery Step 5 and a more challenging unit.  I used the Easy Angle ruler so cutting was not difficult.   My sewing was slower and more careful because of bias edges.  As Bonnie suggests, I have only finger pressed and the triangles fit together great. 



Even though only part of my step 5 units are finished, I am excited by the possibilities with these units.  This is my first mystery with Bonnie and I am loving it.  While anxious to see what new unit Bonnie has planned and how they will be used, like others I could not help playing with the units. 




While I have used several fabrics in each color family, my choices are much more tone-on-tone than Bonnie usually chooses so I hope that will not detract from my result.

Check out what others are doing at Bonnie’s CelticSolstice Mystery Link-Up Party.

      When I needed a break from chain sewing the triangle units, I worked on another potholder.



I enlarged the pattern and used fusible web so my picture is reversed. 


4 comments:

  1. Your mystery is coming along well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I love the way you played with the CS blocks. Your design guess rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your try outs. I am still working on step 1 and 2 at the same time. Had to cut more blue tall triangles last nite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout guesses! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete