Friday, November 1, 2013

Micro Stippling Work

       The rain finally got here so the afternoon was great for sewing.  I have begun quilting again on the 16 patch trapunto quilt.  To echo the trapunto designs I am using Superior threads Bottom Line (which is ultra fine – recommended by Cindy Needham quilting for creating shadow) .   Since there was not much space outside of the echoes, I started micro stippling the outer part of the trapunto blocks.  I wish I had not but now I have to finish all the same ( 7 done - 5 to go)  It takes a tremendous amount of time and my hands hurt after quilting one block.



     Since I needed to take breaks and stretch, I pulled out orphan blocks and scraps and pieced a charity/comfort quilt top.   I'm glad the orphans have been used and I enjoyed creating with scraps. 
      I find Mary Lou Weidman's quilts inspiring and recently bought the ebook of Out of the Box.   I tried  her technique for "hoochy mama blocks" and had a problem.  All the outer edges are bias.  I ended up using a light weight fusible interfacing on the outer edge of the block (bottom right corner of the quilt).  

No comments:

Post a Comment