Saturday, September 14, 2013

Works In Progress

    Sunday I will headed to assist with childcare for my youngest granddaughter and for my sister's guild show  ( http://www.ashequilters.org/ ) so will not have time for quilting at least for the next week so I thought I would share a few of the projects that I have in progress.
    While I am visiting my grandchildren, I will take one afternoon to work with the third grade on a quilt project.  These colorful fabric shapes have pressure sensitive fusible applied.  Students will be working to create blocks.

    For SQG we are each working on a simple strip pieced lone star using Eleanor Burns directions from her "Radiant Star" book. Here is a paste up plan for my diamond.  The 2 mirrors are very helpful to show how the pieced lone star will look. I'm pleased so far.   My strip sets are sewn but this project is on pause.

   I have borders added to the scrappy 16 patch and trapunto block top so I plan to sandwich it today.  I hope to start quilting on it and have it finished for my trapunto presentation in October for the Ashe County Piecemakers Quilt Guild.

Keep trying new techniques!
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment