Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Pina Colada Finished

    I spent another day doing free-motion quilting on the Pina Colada quilt trying out new designs, and I am very happy with my practice experience on this quilt.   Here is a photo of the finished quilt.  I'm sorry the quilting on the whole quilt does not show up in the photo.
 


Here is a close-up of the FM feathers I quilted in all 8 of the large green triangles.  I am very pleased with them.  All I marked was the spine.  I had practiced on paper ahead of time.


I know that the quilting throughout this quilt is not balanced, but it has sufficient quilting to be stabilized for the type of batting.  If I had the time to spend another couple of days I could fill every area but I have a stack of quilt tops waiting. 

Now on to the next UFO.

1 comment:

  1. Your quilting looks wonderful!! Pina Colada is such a fun name for this fabulous quilt.

    ReplyDelete